- 1 1/2 cups sugar (simple syrup)
- 1 vanilla bean-infused into the simple syrup
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup fresh blackberries, frozen, and partially thawed
- 1 cup fresh raspberries, frozen, and partially thawed
- 2 cups cherry-strawberry compote-previously cooked, cooled, pitted, and frozen
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Stir sugar and 1 cup water in small saucepan. Add vanilla bean, split lengthwise, and remove seeds. Add seeds, and bean to sugar. Bring to boil over high heat, stirring until sugar dissolves. Boil 1 minute. Transfer syrup to large bowl. Chill until syrup is cold, about 3 hours.
- In batches, puree berries, including juices, along with cherry mixture and cold sugar syrup in food processor until smooth. Strain into another large bowl; discard seeds. Stir in lemon juice.
- Process berry mixture in ice cream maker according to manufacturer's instructions. Transfer sorbet to container; cover and freeze until firm, about 6 hours. DO AHEAD Can be made 1 week ahead. Keep frozen.