Lemon Grass-Ginger Sorbet
- ¾ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3 cups filtered or bottled still water
- 2 cups fine granulated sugar
- 2-3 small lemongrass stalks (leaves removed) & chopped into 2 inch strips (lengthwise)
- ¾ cup fresh Ginger-peeled and cut into thin slices
**Makes 2 ½ quarts
Begin by heating sugar and water, lemongrass, and ginger over high heat-bring to a boil, remove from heat once all sugar has dissolved. Add lemon juice into the simple syrup. Set in fridge to cool, and thicken for around 3 hours. Once chilled completely, process in your ice-cream maker for around 30 minutes. Remove & freeze for about 3 hours. Serve within 5 days. **Optional-I leave the lemongrass and ginger inside the sorbet, because I love the spicy ginger flavor, but you can also remove it before you process in your ice-cream maker.