Monday, September 26, 2011

Roasted Acorn Squash Soup


Roasted Acorn Squash Soup




1 large Acorn Squash (You can also use Butternut squash)

2 small cloves Garlic-minced

½ of an Onion-sliced

Olive Oil for sautéing Onions and Garlic

Salt and Pepper

½ cup Heavy Cream

2 springs of fresh Rosemary

2 cups Chicken or Vegetable Stock

¼ cup cooking Sherry (Optional)

Directions:

Heat oven to 375 degrees.

On stovetop using low heat, sauté onions, garlic and Rosemary springs in olive oil until golden brown. Place into food processor.

Slice both ends off of squash. Cut in half. Clean seeds out. Cut into about 1 inch slices. Drizzle with Olive oil, and Salt. Roast on a greased cookie sheet in oven at 375 for 25-30 minutes, or until the squash is golden brown, and has a nutty smell. Remove and let cool. Once cooled enough to be handled, peel skin from squash. It should come off very easily. Place into a food processor and emulsify.


 


In two batches, combine 1 cup stock, onion and garlic mixture, and half of squash into the food processor, and emulsify. Place back into a large pot on stovetop, on medium  heat, add cream and sherry, then bring to a boil. Remove from heat and serve immediately.


4 comments:

  1. Oh I love it! I bet it has a wonderful flavor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Ravienomnoms-I actually made one batch with fresh Lavendar (I know-weird). I asked the hubby to get Rosemary from the garden, and this is what he brought me back. Its surprisingly good with this, and gives it a very subtle flavor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wonderful way to ease into fall! I'm loving this one!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kim, welcome to my blog, and thanks for being my newest follower!

    ReplyDelete