Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Coconut-Banana Ice Cream-a Gluten Free Treat!


Coconut-Banana Ice Cream


Ingredients:

1 cup Silk Pure Coconut Milk (Original)

1 can Coconut Cream

1 can Coconut Milk

¼ cup Palm, or Coconut Sugar

3 ripe bananas (not too ripe)



Instructions:

Begin by adding two of the bananas to the blender; add sugar, and Silk coconut milk. Blend well until banana is completely smooth. In a large bowl, add mixture to coconut cream, and the can of coconut milk. Cover with Saran Wrap and chill overnight. 
The next day:
Slice your remaining banana into thin slices and put into the freezer for about 15-20 minutes. Begin processing your ice cream. I did mine in two batches, and it made a little over two quarts. Process ice cream according to your ice cream maker instructions, and during the last 5 minutes, add in a few of the chilled bananas. Remove and chill ice cream for at least 2 hours before serving.

6 comments:

  1. Both of my kids have lactose issues and we have starting using a lot of coconut milks... this would be a treat they would love!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A taste of the tropics is always something that I never turn down. I have even been know to pour coconut milk into a bowl and freeze it to eat! I will need to try this ice cream soon. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This would make my husband's day! Yum

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is so awesome! I love coconut ice cream and the bananas added in would be so perfect!
    -Elyse @The Cultural Dish

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum! But how is Silk Pure Coconut Milk different to coconut milk in a can?

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Jennifer-I think the only difference is that the Silk coconut is lower in fat, and doesn't have the high coconut cream content that coconut milk would. I only used it because I had it on hand, so you could most likely just use the coconut milk.

    ReplyDelete