Thursday, August 18, 2011

Greek Salad

After all the pastries, cookies and desserts we've been eating, I thought it was time for a healthy dinner. Greek salad it is. The only problem was I was out of Red wine vinegar. I found some Rice wine vinegar, and added a bit of Sherry wine to act as the red wine vinegar would. The result-it was even better. The tartness was gone, and it had a perfectly sweet flavor to complement the rest of the salad.

I do have to confess that I took this photo with my iPhone..I have let the battery on my camera run out four days in a row. So I had to resort to this. But not to worry-it's been charging all night, and I'm good to go for today!


Greek Salad
1 large Romaine Lettuce-washed and chopped
1/2 half red onion, sliced thinly
1 Cucumber, diced
1 cup Kalamata olives
½ cup green Olives
1 cup Greek Feta cheese, crumbled
2 Tomatoes-diced
Red Peppercorns
Black Ground Pepper

Dressing:
1/2 cup olive oil
¼ cup Rice wine Vinegar
1/8 cup Sherry wine
1 tablespoon Italian Seasoning
1 teaspoon Nature’s Seasoning
1/8 tsp salt

1. Wash, chop and place lettuce in a large bowl.

2. Mix dressing ingredients in a small container (like Zip lock) with a lid, secure, and shake well.

3. Add vegetables and olives to your salad, toss. Sprinkle with feta. Add peppercorns, and ground pepper. Pour dressing over salad, toss and serve immediately.

3 comments:

  1. I feel the same way very often...I crave healthy after a lot of sweets! Your salad sounds awesome; I will take lots of olives on salad any day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks delicious... I absolutely love Greek Salads. I am going to have to try your version of the dressing. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Greek salad. I had one for lunch yesterday. Olives are my fav. And Tzatiki sauce!

    ReplyDelete