Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Spanish Turkey-Black Bean Tacos




Yes, I know, your all tired of turkey. But for the life of me I just can't waste good turkey meat (or anything else for that matter). I was racking my brain yesterday trying to come up with just one more way to prepare the leftover turkey meat, and it hit me.....use my recipe for Spanish chicken, but substitute it for TURKEY! Genius...if I must say so myself.

And as soon as you get over this recipe, I'll have yet another use for the leftover Spanish turkey mixture from last night....(insert cheesy smile)!

Spanish Turkey-Black Bean Tacos

1 package Corn Tortilla

2-3 large Chicken Breasts (skinless & boneless)**I used the leftover Turkey meat & reduced the cooking time to 15 minutes.

1 can Black Beans

1 cup Cilantro

2 cups Cherry or small Tomatoes

3-4 cloves fresh garlic-Minced

1 yellow Onion-diced

2 teaspoons Spanish Smoked Paprika

1 Green Bell Pepper-diced

1 Serrano pepper-with half the seeds removed-minced

1 1/2 cups chicken stock

Salt & pepper to taste

¼ cup Olive Oil

½ cup Corn or Vegetable oil



Begin by chopping veggies, & heating olive oil over stovetop. Add garlic and onions, and cook until golden brown. Add bell pepper, tomatoes and whole chicken breasts. Add salt, pepper, and paprika. Add stock, then cover & reduce heat to medium-low. Cook for about 20 minutes, and then remove chicken and place on a cutting board. Slice or shred chicken into small pieces, then add back to pit & cook for an additional 5 minutes on low.



Heat vegetable oil over medium heat. Add three tortillas at a time to hot oil. Flip tortillas every minute or so, until golden brown, and edges have become crispy. Remove & place on paper towel to drain, & immediately fold each tortilla in half.



Heat beans & ¾ cup chopped cilantro, salt & pepper over stove top. Serve with tacos, chicken meat & top with remaining cilantro, sour cream or queso fresca.



1 comment:

  1. I'm so not sick of the turkey recipes yet myself! Im just all out of it...

    ReplyDelete